Vital Red Krill Oil (60 Softgels)
- Pure, unrefined Antarctic krill oil
- Features a rare, phospholipid form of omega-3s
- Offers less “repeat” than most typical fish oil supplements
Wild Antarctic Krill Oil by Vital Choice is a pure, whole, and unrefined wild Krill Oil that features the rare phospholipid form of essential omega-3s, as well as astaxanthin within a unique natural matrix. Vital Choice is the first company to produce a krill oil supplement certified sustainable and safe for the ocean ecology by the Marine Stewardship Council, making this krill oil supplement good for you and good for the planet, too.
We offer krill oil because it offers three special attributes:#1 – Rare source of phospholipid omega-3s
- Most of krill oil’s omega-3 fatty acids occur in the “phospholipid” form, which is absent from or scarce in fish oils.
- Substantial evidence indicates that phospholipid-form omega-3s are better-absorbed … and may provide enhanced health benefits (more information below).
#2 – Unrivaled levels of an uncommon antioxidant
- Krill oil offers uniquely high levels of astaxanthin (ass-tah-zan-thin).
- Vital Red Krill Oil contains 100mcg of pure astaxanthin per one-gram capsule (i.e., 200mcg per two-capsule serving), and about 200mcg of “esterfied” (fat-bound) astaxanthin per gram (i.e., 400mcg per two-capsule serving).
- Misleadingly, most krill oil brands state astaxanthin content as esterfied astaxanthin, which is about double the weight of pure astaxanthin.
- Compared with other Krill Products, our Vital Red Krill Oil has about 2.7 times as much astaxanthin (100mcg/g vs. 36mcg/g).
#3 – Little or no fishy “repeat”
- Probably due to the phospholipid form omega-3s that predominate in krill oil, many people report little or no fishy aftertaste or burps, compared with fish oils.
SUGGESTED USE: Adults take two softgels daily, with meals, or as recommended by a healthcare professional. Keep out of reach of children.